Its very easy and simple to type in Oriya (Oriya Typing) using English. Just type the text in English in the given box and press space, it will convert the text in Odia script. Click on a word to see more options. To switch between Oriya and English use ctrl + g. Now copy the text and use it anywhere on emails, chat, Facebook, twitter or any website.
Two Part Dependent Vowels:
Additional Oriya Consonants:
Fraction signs used in oriya
Additional vowels for Sanskrit
Additional dependent vowels for Sanskrit
Oriya Type is easy with online software, it also shows the suggestion to type in Oriya words so you can select the words you want to type in Odia. The auto complete feature of the software saves your time in Oriya typing. The typed text in Unicode Oriya font so you can use it any where on Facebook, twitter, comments.
Also copy paste the text on emails and MS word for your work. Its important to type in Oriya so the words can express your feelings too that is not possible from English. The software also known as English to Oriya translator, English to Oriya converter software.
How to Type in Oriya
Odia Typing is very easy with above method. Just type in English as you type messages in Mobile and press space bar. It will convert in Odiya. If you think you don't get desired word, you can press backspace key to open word suggestion list from which you can choose another suitable word of Oriya language.
Suggestions list will also appear when you click on that word with mouse. India Typing is Free and Fastest method for Type in Odia, without practicing Odia keyboard actually.
1. Type with your English keyboard and press space bar.
2. You will see your English typed word gets converted in Odia.
3. If you don't get desired word, you can press backspace key to get more suggestion words, choose one from them. (To pop-up suggestion list you can click on particular word also)
4. If not found your desired word in suggestion list, try another combinations of English letters. This Oriya transliteration works on Phonetics so make English letters combination as the sound vibrates from your mouth.
5. For insert any Odia character, you can click on Help button to get full virtual keyboard for English to Oriya typing.
6. You can download your typed Oriya text as either notepad file (.txt) or MS-Word file (.doc).
7. After completing your Oriya typing work, you can make formatting with open in editor option.
Explore Oriya Typing
Oriya (ଓଡ଼ିଆ) is the one of the very ancient language in the world. Odia language is spoken by 60 Million (6 crore) peoples in the world. Oriya is written in "Kalinga (Odia)" script. Odia alphabets written in Kalinga script consists of 64 letters including vowels and consonants and is written from left to right.
"Odia is official language of Odisha" and also spoken in near by states.
The term Oriya comes from ancient Sanskrit Odra. The Odrakas are stated as one of the people that fought in the Mahabharata. Odiya is one of the oldest Indian languages in the Indo-Aryan language family and honor with the status of "classical language" by the Indian government.
Extra Knowledge : What we speak is language so Oriya is language, and What we write is known as script, so Kalinga is a script. We Speak Oriya and Write or Type in Kalinga Script.
Odia is an abugida wherein all consonants have an inherent vowel embedded within. When vowels appear at the beginning of a syllable, they are written as independent letters. Oriya alphabets consists 14 vowels and 50 consonants.
1. Vowels in Odia
14 vowels of Oriya script are following
ଅ, ଆ, ଇ, ଈ, ଉ, ଊ, ଋ, ୠ, ଌ, ୡ, ଏ, ଐ, ଓ, ଔ
2. Consonants in Odia
Odia consonants (ବ୍ୟଞ୍ଜନ) can be categories in two - structured consonants and unstructured consonants. Oriya Consonants letters are given below:
କ, ଖ, ଗ, ଘ, ଙ, ଚ, ଛ, ଜ, ଝ, ଞ, ଟ, ଠ, ଡ, ଢ, ଡ଼, ଢ଼, ଣ, ତ, ଥ, ଦ, ଧ, ନ, ପ, ଫ, ବ, ଵ, ଭ, ମ, ଯ, ୟ, ର, ଲ, ଳ, ୱ, ଶ, ଷ, ସ, ହ
3. Odia Numerals
Numerals are written symbols used to represent numbers. Odia language have there own numerals symbol listed below:
Oriya Numerals ୦, ୧, ୨, ୩, ୪, ୫, ୬, ୭, ୮, ୯
English Numerals 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Interesting Facts about Oriya
1. Oriya language was spoken in India more than 2,500 years ago.
2. The central government recognized the Oriya language as a classical language.
3. The Oriya language begins to appear in inscriptions with Oriya scripts in temples, copper plates, palm-leaf manuscripts, etc. from 7th century.
4. The first Oriya printing typeset was cast in 1836 by the Christian missionaries.
5. The first Odia newspaper was Utkala Deepika, first published on 4 August 1866 and now celebrated as Odia Journalism Day.
Frequently Asked Questions ?
1. Is it safe type important document here on website ?
Yes, we respect your privacy and don't save your typed content on our server and don't use it in any manner. What you have typed is with your computer only.
2. What is the technology used for English to Odia converter ?
It's Odia Transliteration, it is machine transliteration software as service enable you to type in Odia right from your QWERTY keyboard.
3. How to change font of Oriya text ?
What you have typed with English to Oriya transcription is in Unicode Odia font, so its very portable means you can use this Oriya text anywhere on the digital world. You can copy from here and paste it on facebook, whatsapp, twitter, blogs, comment section at any site. You could download Odia text in either as notepad file (.txt format) or document file (MS word).
If you are looking for change font of your typed content you can change font family after download in your system. After download Oriya text, open with MS word or Notepad and change font family. You can download Odia Unicode fonts from our website download menu.
4. Can I get my typed Oriya text in English also ?
Yes, you can get English translation of your Oriya text. Just copy the Oriya text you have typed and paste on Oriya to English translator tool. You will get translation in seconds.
5. Difference between Oriya transliteration and Oriya translation ?
Transliteration is the process of changing the script used to write words in one language to the script of another language. While on the other hand a translation tells you the meaning of words in another language.
6. Country of Origin ?
This website is made in India.